Chicken Rock (Manx: Carrick ny Kirkey) is the southernmost island administered by the Isle of Man and belongs to the parish of Rushen. It lies to the southwest of the Calf of Man 4.5 kilometres (2.8 mi) south-west of Spanish Head on the Manx mainland .
The 0.1 hectare rock is home to a 44 m (144 ft) lighthouse which was designed by lighthouse engineers David and Thomas Stevenson after it was realised that the lights on the Calf of Man were not sufficient to warn ships away. Construction of this tapered granite structure was completed in December 1874 and the first official lightning day was on 1 January 1875.
A fire heavily damaged the interior of the lighthouse on 23 December 1960, leading to automation of the light in 1961. The lighthouse is owned and maintained by the Northern Lighthouse Board.