Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Passenger StationEdit profile
The Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad Passenger Station was built in 1898 for passenger use; it was the third depot in Iowa City, Iowa. It primarily served the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad, including its Corn Belt Rocket and Rocky Mountain Rocket passenger lines. After the 1950s it was used for freight, now it is used as offices. It is adjacent to the Iowa Interstate Railroad lines.
The Iowa Interstate has operated occasional excursion trains in the 21st century that have stopped at this depot. See photo.
The depot was built to similar designs of stations in Ottawa, Illinois and Council Bluffs, Iowa.