Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad DepotEdit profile
The Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad Depot in Aberdeen, South Dakota was built by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad (also known as The Milwaukee Road) in 1911.
The depot is rectangular in shape, two stories, and is built of brick and concrete. Its style reflects the Craftsman/Prairie influences of the early 20th century. It was built to replace an earlier wooden depot that burned. Aberdeen served as a division point on the Milwaukee Road and the upper floors of the depot contained railroad offices.
The depot is the largest brick passenger depot still standing in South Dakota. It was listed in the National Register due to its architecture and association with the development of railroads in South Dakota.
The building was bought by an investment company that leases office space. The basement of the depot houses a model railroad club.