Charnley Persky HouseEdit profile
The Charnley-Persky house was built in 1891. The original owner, lumberman James Charnley, was a personal friend of Louis Sullivan. Other subsequent owners of the house include Redmond Stephens and James Waller. The Waller family lived in the house from 1918 until the late 1970s. The house was then sold to Lowell Wohlfiel and then the architectural firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill. The Society of Architectural Historians has been headquartered in the house since 1995, when Seymour Persky donated the funds for the society to purchase it. The Society of Architectural Historians has offices in the house and offers public tours.