Charles Trowbridge House
The Charles C. Trowbridge House is located at 1380 E. Jefferson Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. It is the oldest building in the city of Detroit, and was designated a Michigan State Historic Site in 1974 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

History
Charles Christopher Trowbridge built this house in 1826 at a cost of $2500 on what was then farmland, far from the heart of Detroit. At the time, the River Road (now East Jefferson) ran behind the house; the original access to the house may have been from what is now the rear. Houses of this type often had similar front and rear layouts, with entrances at both ends of a central hallway. Trowbridge lived in the house for 56 years until his death in 1883. The house, originally built in a Greek Revival style, was updated with Victorian elements such as the bay window in the front. After Trowbridge's death, the house remained in the family, and was converted to a rooming house in 1936. In 1942, the Trowbridge family sold the house to Marie Cavanaugh and it was converted back to a single-family residence. Today, the house is privately owned and houses multiple businesses including Trowbridge Law Firm, Trowbridge Realty, Dickson & Associates and Pandora Outside the Box Marketing.