Charles Playhouse
The Charles Playhouse is a Off-Broadway Theater located at 74 Warrenton St. in Boston, Massachusetts near Beacon Hill. Blue Man Group and Shear Madness currently play there. The Charles Playhouse was originally designed in 1839 as the Fifth Universalist Church by architect Asher Benjamin. In 1864 it became the second home of Congregation Ohabei Shalom, the first synagogue in Boston, Massachusetts. It was later transformed into a speakeasy called the "The Lido Venice". Charles Playhouse was at 54 Charles Street in Boston then moved to the current Warrenton Street location

Building Activity

  • Kiril Georgiev
    Kiril Georgiev activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com