Charles O. Boynton Carriage House

Edit profile
Charles O. Boynton Carriage House

The Charles O. Boynton Carriage House is a prominent structure in the Sycamore Historic District, located in Sycamore, Illinois. The Sycamore Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The Carriage House is considered one of more than 150 contributing properties to the overall historic integrity of the district.

History

The carriage house was built at the same time as the Queen Anne residence, next door, of Sycamore businessman and land speculator, Charles O. Boyton, in 1887. The home and the carriage house were held as one property until the Boynton House was sold out of the Boynton family in 1986. At that time the building was converted for use as office space, a function it still served in 2007.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com