Charles Kent HouseEdit profile
The Charles Kent House, also known as the Palmer House, is a historic structure in Kent, Ohio, USA. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since February 23, 1978. An example of Gothic Revival architecture, the house also features elements of the Greek Revival and Carpenter Gothic architectural styles. It is at 125 North Pearl Street in central Kent, immediately north of the West Main Street District. It was built in 1843 as the home of Charles Kent, son of Zenas Kent and brother of Marvin Kent, the namesake of the city of Kent. In 1909 it was moved by owner Henry Green 150 feet (46 m) north of its original location along West Main Street to the site on North Pearl Street. Martin L. Davey, who would later serve as mayor of Kent, followed by U.S. Representative, and eventually as Governor of Ohio, persuaded the owner to move the house to avoid demolition.