Chapel of Our Lady Help of ChristiansEdit profile
Chapel of Our Lady Help of Christians, also known as the Maria Hilf Chapel, is a historic Roman Catholic church located at Cheektowaga in Erie County, New York. It was constructed in 1853, in the Greek Revival style, as a religious center for the rural Alsatian community and pilgrimage site for urban Alsatian, German, Polish, and Italian immigrants to Our Lady Help of Christians. The interior features a barrel vault ceiling, wooden church mobiliary, frescos, paintings, and other features that reflect an Alsatian village church.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.