Chambers Covered Bridge

The Chambers Covered Bridge is a covered bridge located in Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States. It is 78 feet (24 m) long and spans the Coast Fork Willamette River. It was built in 1925 to carry rail traffic to the J.H. Chambers Mill, a lumber mill which was located on area which is now the Bohemia School baseball diamonds and adjacent empty fields. It is no longer in service. It is the only remaining covered rail bridge in Oregon.

The Centennial Covered Bridge is a three-eighths scale (37.5%) replica located about a half mile downstream.


It is a Howe truss design.


In FY 2008, The National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation Program, administered by the Federal Highway Administration, awarded a grant of $1,315,370 to Cottage Grove, Oregon for the rehabilitation of the Chambers Covered Bridge, one of seven covered bridges in Oregon that received grants the same period.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via