Chamberlain SquareEdit profile
Chamberlain Square or Chamberlain Place is a public square in central Birmingham, England ( grid reference SP066869 ), named after Joseph Chamberlain. Its features include:
- Birmingham Central Library
- Paradise Forum (beneath the reference library)
- Birmingham Council House (side elevation)
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
- Birmingham Town Hall (rear elevation)
- Big Brum
- The Chamberlain Memorial (a grade II listed monument)
- Connection to Victoria Square.
- Joseph Priestley
- James Watt
- Thomas Attwood by Sioban Coppinger and Fiona Peever, 1993. The bronze statue sits, having left his plinth, and scattered his bronze pages, on the steps.
- Pevsner Architectural Guides - Birmingham, Andy Foster, 2005, ISBN 0-300-10731-5
- BIRMINGHAM CHAMBERLAIN PLACE AND BIG BRUM