Château de BruyèresEdit profile
The château de Bruyères is a ruined castle located in the town of Bruyères, in the Vosges department of eastern France.History
The castle was built during the 10th century by the Duke of Lorraine, on a small hill. According to the local history, the site has been fortified in the 6th century by a son of Clodio, King of the Franks; it is also reported that Emperor Henri VI stayed there for hunting, in 1196.
The castle was destroyed by fire in 1715.Description
The castle had a rectangular shape; in the centre, the keep was protected by two enceintes. One of the two entrances was fortified by a large tower, named la Cabée.
The chapel, dedicated to Saint Blaise, is the last building standing up, in the east of the plateau.Source