CFB Chatham
Canadian Forces Base Chatham or CFB Chatham was a Canadian Forces Base located immediately south of the town of Chatham, New Brunswick, Canada. Parts are now operating as Miramichi Municipal Airport since 1974 with a partial runway available (09/27 - asphalt). From 1970 until 1985 Chatham had a Base Rescue Flight operating three CH-118 Huey helicopters. When the Voodoos that they were there to protect were retired, the CH-118s were redeployed to Base Flight Cold Lake.

Squadrons
  • 1942 No. 113 (Bomber-Reconnaissance) Squadron - Lockheed Hudson
  • 1943 No. 119 (Bomber-Reconnaissance) Squadron - Lockheed Hudson
  • 1941-1942 No. 3 Training Command British Commonwealth Air Training Plan - Avro Anson
  • 1941-1945 No. 10 Air Observer School
  • 1949-1950s - airbase with Canadair Sabres and de Havilland Vampires
    • 1949-1951 No. 421 Squadron RCAF
  • late 1950-1960s Golden Hawks - Canadair Sabres
  • 1962-1984 No. 416 Squadron RCAF - McDonnell CF-101 Voodoos and CH-118 Hueys
  • 1984-1989 No. 434 Squadron RCAF - McDonnell CF-101 Voodoos and Canadair CF-5s and CH-118 Hueys


Current Use
Part of the base was the naval facility HMCS Renous. The site is now used by Skypark Miramichi Industrial Park, the Federal Gun Registry and Royal Canadian Air Cadets Atlantic Region Gliding Centre.