Central Naval MuseumEdit profile
Central Naval Museum (Russian: Центральный военно-морской музей) is one of the oldest Russian museums and one of the world's largest naval museums.
The museum's history officially started in 1709 with the foundation of Model-kammer by Peter the Great for the conservation of ship drafts and models.
Since 1924, the museum has been known by its current name.
At first, the museum was located in the Main Admiralty building. However, since 1939-41, it has been located in the former Stock Exchange Building in St. Petersburg.