Centennial National Bank

Centennial National Bank is a historic building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

History

The bank was chartered on January 19, 1876 to finance the Centennial Exposition.

The bank's headquarters building, designed by noted architect Frank Furness, was completed in April 1876. The building's interior was modified in 1893, and again in 1899, when an addition was built in the rear. The interior was again modified in 1956, when the exterior was simplified. The building was acquired by Drexel University and renovated in 2000-2002. In 2002, the building was rededicated as the Paul Peck Alumni Center of Drexel University.

The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 11, 1971.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com