Coordinates: 53°24′22″N 2°59′13″W / 53.406°N 2.987°W / 53.406; -2.987
Opened in August 1994, the Cavern Pub is opposite the Cavern Club and like that venue is also owned and operated by Cavern City Tours. The Pub has been designed to highlight the fact that between 1957 and 1973 most of the all-time greats of rock, pop, soul, R&B and jazz played at the Cavern Club.
The walls of the Pub feature brass plaques with dates, which are the dates that each particular artiste performed at the Cavern Club. The tribute to The Beatles encompasses a display of instruments associated with the band — Rickenbacker (John), Höfner Bass (Paul), Ludwig (Ringo) and Gretsch (George), together with a Vox amplifier. On 16 January 1997, to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Cavern, Gerry Marsden of Gerry & The Pacemakers unveiled the Cavern Wall of Fame which displays the names of 1801 bands and artistes who performed at The Cavern between 1957 and 1973. On the same day Billy J Kramer unveiled a statue of his old friend John Lennon. The Cavern also the Höfner bass which Paul signed when he played The Cavern on 14 December 1999.