Casa del Rey, the "King's House," is a historic place in the town of Dorado, in Puerto Rico. It is also known as Cuartel de la Guardia de Milicias, Parador, or Carcel Municipal.
It was constructed as a parador, or inn, about 1823. The building, the oldest in town, provided housing for Spanish government personnel, and also served as the regional military headquarters.
In 1848, Jacinto López purchased the structure. In converting it into a residence, Lópze added two wings which created a U-shaped configuration around an interior patio. In 1871, Casa del Rey became the home of Manuel Alonso y Pacheco, Puerto Rico's notable romantic writer.
It was listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
The house was restored by the Institute of Puerto Rican Culture in 1978 and is now a local history museum.