Carnegie LibraryEdit profile
Carnegie Library is a historic library building located at North Tonawanda in Niagara County, New York. It was designed and built in 1903, with funds provided by the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. It is one of 3,000 such libraries constructed between 1885 and 1919, and one of 107 in New York State. Carnegie provided $20,000 toward the construction of the North Tonawanda library. It is a low one-story brick structure with basement in the Classical Revival style. The interior features wood paneling, elaborate plaster moldings and trim, mosaic tile floors, and a large stained glass skylight.
The building functioned as a library until 1976, when it became home to the Carnegie Art Center of the Tonawandas' Council on the Arts.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.