The Carlen House, also known as the Carlen House Museum, is a historic house museum in Mobile, Alabama, United States. The house was built in the Gulf Coast cottage style in 1843. It was the residence of Michael and Mary Carlen, Irish immigrants, and their twelve children. Operated as a farm during the 19th century, the Mobile County School Board acquired 38 acres (15 ha) of the property from the Carlen family in 1923 as the site for a new public city school. As a result, the house is now on the northern edge of the Murphy High School campus. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 12, 1981.