Carbrook HallEdit profile
Carbrook Hall is a historic house in Sheffield, England. Located at 53°24′20″N 1°25′0″W / 53.40556°N 1.416667°W / 53.40556; -1.416667Coordinates: 53°24′20″N 1°25′0″W / 53.40556°N 1.416667°W / 53.40556; -1.416667 in the Attercliffe district of the city, the original building was owned by the Blunt family from 1176. This was rebuilt in 1462, and was bought by Thomas Bright (Lord of the manor of Ecclesall) in the late 16th century. His descendant, John Bright, was an active Parliamentarian during the English Civil War, and the building was used as a Roundhead meeting place during the siege of Sheffield Castle. Most of the building was demolished in the 19th century, what survives is a Grade II listed stone wing that was added c1620. It is now used as a public house that claims to be "Sheffield's most haunted public house".