Canute Peterson HouseEdit profile
The Canute Peterson House is a historic residence in Ephraim, Utah, United States. Built in 1869 by Canute Peterson, an early Latter-day Saint leader in Sanpete County, it was designed by architect William H. Folsom. In 1978, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Richard Nibley, brother of Mormon scholar Hugh Nibley, purchased and restored the home in the 1960s. It sits next door to the historic Bank of Ephraim building. After many years of trying to acquire and tear down the home to make way for a drive-up window, the Bank of Ephraim failed in 2004 and was taken over by Far West Bank.