Canning Half Tide DockEdit profile
Canning Half Tide Dock on the River Mersey, Liverpool, England is a half tide dock and is part of the Port of Liverpool. It is situated in the southern dock system, connected to Canning Dock to the east and Albert Dock to the south. The dock was designed by Jesse Hartley and opened in 1753.
Originally consisting of two lock entrances to the Mersey, the north gates were sealed with a concrete dam in 1937. The south gates are modified to accommodate a valve to admit river water.
The Pilotage Building, which managed the river's pilot boats, opened in 1883. Both this building and the dock itself are now part of Merseyside Maritime Museum.