Campion Hall, OxfordEdit profile
Campion Hall is one of the Permanent Private Halls of the University of Oxford in England. It is one of the smallest constituent institutions of the university, consisting of under forty members.
Established in 1896, Campion Hall was named after Edmund Campion, an English Jesuit and martyr who had been a fellow at nearby St. John's College. It is run by the Society of Jesus and exists specifically to allow those with a commitment to the religious life to study within the university. Admission is open to members of other Roman Catholic orders, but not normally to laymen.
Campion Hall was designed expressly to house people studying at Oxford and is situated in the centre of the city. It is a community of about thirty-five men, two thirds of whom are Jesuits.
The hall itself is located in Brewer Street, west off St Aldate's, close to Pembroke College. The present structure was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens, who was also responsible for New Delhi, and officially opened in 1936. The building is Grade II* listed.