CambridgeSide GalleriaEdit profile
The CambridgeSide Galleria is a mall located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, that opened in 1990. The original anchor stores were Sears, Filene's (now Macy's) and Lechmere. Lechmere closed in 1997 and it was divided into what is now Best Buy and Borders, with a portion later used by Filene's for their housewares and intimate apparel departments. Today the mall has 133 stores, including four restaurants, a food court and six food speciality stores. Best Buy, Borders Books and Music, Macy's, and Sears are the mall's anchor stores.
The mall was an outgrowth of the 1976 East Cambridge Riverfront Plan, which sought to revitalize the then-industrial district between Monsignor O'Brien Highway, Cambridge Parkway, and First Street. The north end of the mall is near the Museum of Science and MBTA's Lechmere Station on the Green Line "E" Branch. It is also located along the Lechmere Canal off the Charles River, where the Charles River Boat Company shuttles passengers to and from the mall. Moorings are present at the end of the Canal to allow private boats to be left for brief periods while passengers shop. The Galleria is the only mall in the Boston area with direct access by boat.
Some more upscale stores are Banana Republic, J.Crew, Guess, Aldo, and H&M.Anchors
- Best Buy (44,837 sq ft.)
- Borders (23,767 sq ft.)
- Macy's (Filene's) (122,445 sq ft.)
- Macy's Home Store (Filene's) (22,419 sq ft.)
- Sears (120,570 sq ft.)
- Two parking garages are located within the CambrigeSide Galleria with parking rates varying by time rather than a flat rate. However, if one parks after 5pm M-F or anytime on Saturday or Sunday than the fee is $1.99 up to one hour and $3.99 up to 10 hours.
- MBTA Green Line - Lechmere Station Green Line
- MBTA Bus Connections: 69 (Harvard Square/Holyoke Gate via Cambridge St), 80 (Arlington Center via Medford Hillside), 87 (Arlington Center or Clarendon Hill via Somerville), 88 (Clarendon Hill via Highland Ave)
- MBTA Orange Line - Community College is approximately ½ mile east of the mall. This station is more convenient to Orange Line passengers because it eliminates the need to transfer trains.
- EZRide shuttle - North Station - Cambridgeport via First Street & Cambridgeside Galleria
- CambridgeSide Galleria Free Shuttle - Kendall Square & Red Line - CambridgeSide Galleria