Calvary Presbyterian ChurchEdit profile
Calvary Presbyterian Church (Calvary Church) is located in the Marquette University district of downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Description
The building was designed by Milwaukee architect Henry C. Koch in Gothic Revival style and built in 1870 using Cream City brick, a distinct light colored stone found locally. The exterior has since been painted a bright red color.
Calvary Church features an indoor prayer labyrinth laid into the floor. Its design was inspired by a 12th century labyrinth found at the Cathedral of Chartres in Chartres, France, and has eleven circuits with a rosette center.