Calvary Lutheran Church and ParsonageEdit profile
Calvary Lutheran Church and Parsonage is a historic church building and parsonage in Silverton, Oregon, United States. The church is also known as the First Christian Church. The church is a combination of the Carpenter Gothic and the Queen Anne architectural styles. The parsonage is Bungalow/Craftsman and Greek Revival style.
In 1890–1891, the church was built for the First Church of Christ, which later became the First Christian Church. In 1906, the church building became the Norwegian Lutheran Church and in 1926-1927 it was remodeled to its current configuration. The church was sold in 1975, and in 1984, it became the White Steeple Gallery and Tea Room, a name by which it was still known in 1992.
On June 6, 1985, the buildings were listed on the National Register of Historic Places.