Bynum GymnasiumEdit profile
Coordinates: 35°54′42″N 79°2′59″W / 35.91167°N 79.04972°W / 35.91167; -79.04972
Bynum Gymnasium (now Bynum Hall) was the first home of North Carolina Tar Heels men's basketball. It was built in 1904 as a general gymnasium and swimming pool, and hosted the basketball team for the first fourteen years of its existence (1910–24). The most distinctive feature of the gymnasium was its second level running track suspended above the court. No longer needed for its original purpose after Woollen Gymnasium was built, the building was remodeled internally as offices and renamed Bynum Hall. As of 2008, it is the Graduate Admissions Office.