Broomfield Park

Coordinates: 55°51′48.51″N 3°58′40.97″W / 55.863475°N 3.9780472°W / 55.863475; -3.9780472

Broomfield Park was the home of Airdrieonians F.C. until it was sold to supermarket chain Safeway and demolished in May 1994, at the end of the 1993-94 season. Airdrieonians went on to play at the Shyberry Excelsior Stadium from 1998 until they were liquidated in 2002, and reformed as Airdrie United, who took their place at the stadium. A branch of supermarket chain Morrisons (following their takeover and rebranding of Safeway's UK concerns) now stands where the stadium once did.


The record attendance at Broomfield Park was 24,000 in a Scottish Cup quarter-final match against Heart of Midlothian on 8 March 1952.


2 photos

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated 9 media, uploaded a media file and added a digital reference
    fvnh broomfieldparkairdrie
    about 4 years ago via