Brooklyn Hospital Center
Brooklyn Hospital Center is an affiliated hospital within the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System in the borough of Brooklyn in New York City, USA. It is the oldest hospital in the borough of Brooklyn.

History
The hospital was incorporated in May 1845 as "Brooklyn City Hospital", following a public meeting convened by Mayor Smith of what was then Brooklyn City. Public fund collection meetings were arranged to financially sustain the hospital. Patient admission started in 1847. Soon the hospital started developing, and by the start of twentieth century, it had several buildings catering to the burgeoning population of Brooklyn. meanwhile in 1883, the name was changed from Brooklyn City Hospital to The Brooklyn Hospital. In 1925, William H. Field and Edwin P. Maynard, Jr., then two residents in the hospital, introduced a unit history system for keeping permanent, easy-to-retrieve patients' records. Extensive modernization took place after World War II. Several mergers occurred throughout twentieth century, adding to the ever increasing size of the facility. In 1990, the name was changed to The Brooklyn Hospital Center. In 1998, the hospital became a corporate member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System.

Affiliations
The hospital is affiliated with the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System through the hospital's affiliation with Cornell University's Weill Cornell Medical College. The Brooklyn Hospital Center is also a designated Clinical Center for St. George's University medical students. the center is approved for the residency training by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Dental Association (ADA). Medical Education The Brooklyn Hospital center has residencies in Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Dentistry, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, & General Surgery. It also sponsors fellowships in Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, and Pulmonary Medicine. It jointly sponsors a Cardiology fellowship with NYP.

Location
The hospital is located at 121 Dekalb Avenue in Brooklyn, 2 blocks east of Flatbush Avenue and Dekalb Avenue. The hospital is on the west side of Fort Greene Park and near the intersection of Ashland Place and Dekalb Avenue.