Bronx Borough CourthouseEdit profile
The Bronx Borough Courthouse is a historic courthouse building located in The Bronx, New York, New York. It was built between 1905 and 1915 in the Beaux-Arts style. It is a four story granite building with a two story base faced with rusticated stone bands. The north and east elevations have projecting central pavilions. It features a sculpture of Justice by sculptor J. E. Roine. The courthouse housed the Supreme, Surrogate's, and County Courts until 1934, when they moved to the Bronx County Courthouse. It was then occupied by the Criminal Court of City of New York-Bronx Branch until 1977.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.