Bridgeport Harbor LightEdit profile
Bridgeport Harbor Lighthouse was a lighthouse in Connecticut, United States, on the west side of the Bridgeport Harbor entrance and the north side of Long Island Sound, Bridgeport, Connecticut in the United States.History
The original lighthouse was built in 1851. It was an octagonal tower, with a fixed red light from a sixth order Fresnel lens on the top of a box light structure on iron piles. There were no keeper's quarters. In 1871, a replacement lighthouse was built. This was a wooden dwelling with the tower attached to the roof, with a fourth order lens. The United States Coast Guard replaced the lighthouse with a skeletal tower in 1953.
While dismantling the 102-year-old lighthouse to make way for an electric beacon, it caught fire and was destroyed.