Bridesburg SchoolEdit profile
Not to be confused with the Bridesburg Elementary Public School at 2824 Jenks St. in the same neighborhood.
Bridesburg School, also known as Irving School, is a historic school in the Bridesburg neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is the third oldest surviving school building in Philadelphia, after the Mifflin School, and the much altered Penn Township School. The building is two stories high and was built by Henry Funk in 1847-48 with five classrooms. In 1866, three classrooms were added by builder Charles Fay. In 1888 it was replaced by the new Bridesburg School, and then sold in 1894. It is currently used as a warehouse.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.