Borodino HallEdit profile
Borodino Hall, also known as Borodino Grange Hall, is a building in the hamlet of Borodino, New York. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006..The Borodino Hall was built @1835 by the First Religious Society of Borodino, and served as a church until 1868. It is a two story building with a gabled roof on a high stone basement. It is of heavy timber frame construction designed in the Federal style. The building was sold in 1868, and a stage was added to the interior around that time, converting it into a hall. In 1871, a performance of "Uncle Tom’s Cabin" was presented there by the Borodino Dramatic Society. At some time after this, the building became the Spafford Town Hall, a purpose it served until 1912. In that year the Grange chapter #1272 began meeting in the Hall, and they purchased it in 1919. Water service, a kitchen and restrooms were added in the early 1950s. The Spafford Area Historical Society purchased the building in 1997. It currently serves as a community center.