Bookstore Selexyz Dominicanen

Dating back to the 13th century, the structure was a Dominican church until Maastricht was invaded by Napoleon in 1794 and the group was forced out of the country. Since that point it has been briefly used as a parish, then a warehouse, then an archive, then a giant parking lot for bicycles (not such a terrible idea) and finally made over into a bookstore. Led by architecture firm Merkx + Girod, the new installations are highlighted by a towering, three-storey black steel book stack stretching up to the stone vaults. The highest shelves are reachable by lift or by…

Media

11 photos

Building Activity

  • Katerina Vaseva
    Katerina Vaseva updated 93 media and updated 3 digital references
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Nadezhda Nikolova
    Nadezhda Nikolova updated
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov updated and updated 2 digital references
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com