Bond's HospitalEdit profile
Bond's Hospital is an almshouse situated on Hill Street, Coventry, England, built around the same courtyard as the old disused buildings of Bablake School.
The hospital was founded in 1506 by Thomas Bond, a draper who became Mayor of Coventry in 1497. Although most of the street frontage was rebuilt in 1832, the building essentially still retains all its original features, and the hospital is now a grade II* listed building. It consists of twelve bed-sitting rooms and a common room, and the garden at its rear contains a portion of the old city wall.
The ownership and operation of Bonds Hospital is now vested in the Bond's and Ford's Hospital Charity, part of the Coventry Church Municipal Charities.