Block Island North LightEdit profile
Block Island North Light (Lighthouse), built in 1867, is a historic lighthouse on Block Island, Rhode Island (New Shoreham).History
The first light on the site was built in 1829. The current structure at Sandy Point is the fourth lighthouse built on the site and was made of granite and iron in 1867. The light was deactivated in 1973 and United States Fish and Wildlife Service acquired the lighthouse. The lighthouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. It became dilapidated and was sold to New Shoreham in 1984, and relighted in 1989. Also in 2008 the light underwent restoration ,and it hasn't reopened yet. A wind generator and solar panels provide much of the power for the building.