Blewbury
Blewbury is a village and civil parish at the foot of the Berkshire Downs about 2.5 miles (4.0 km) south of Didcot. It was part of Berkshire until the 1974 boundary changes transferred it to Oxfordshire.

Prehistory
The southern part of the parish is chalk downland and includes a number of prehistoric sites. Half of the 360 foot (110 m) high Blewburton Hill is in the parish.It is topped by Iron Age hill fort that may have been occupied from the 4th century BC to the 1st century BC. The parish's highest point is the 520 foot (160 m) Churn Hill, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) southwest of the village. On its northwestern side are two round barrows, the larger of which is Churn Knob. There are other round barrows further south, towards the boundaries with Compton and East Ilsley parishes.

Parish church
The Church of England parish church of Saint Michael the Archangel was originally an early Norman building of the 11th century. St. Michael's is now a member of the Churn Benefice.

Secular buildings
Blewbury has a number of historic timber-framed buildings. There is a cruck cottage in South Street. Hall Barn may date from about 1660. William Malthus was a London merchant who left land at Noke, Oxfordshire to fund a school at Blewbury. Its five- bay Queen Anne style school building close to St. Michael's church was built in 1709. Also close to the church are two almshouses. Nikolaus Pevsner states that he first was built in 1738 for the oldest man in the village and the second was added on its centenary in 1838. However, Page and Ditchfield state that there are two cottages that one James Bacon founded in 1747.

Notable people
Blewbury has been the home of writers including Elizabeth Ferrars, Dick Francis, Kenneth Grahame, Marguerite Steen Barbara Euphan Todd, (writer of the Worzel Gummidge books). The artist William Nicholson, father of abstract painter Ben Nicholson, also lived in Blewbury. BBC News Anchor Katty Kay spent much of her early childhood in Blewbury in the 1970s.