Blanchard Hall

Blanchard Hall is a building located on the campus of Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois. Construction of the building began in 1853, and the building was completed in 1927. The building takes its name from Jonathan Blanchard, the founder of Wheaton College, and his son Charles A. Blanchard. The limestone for the building was quarried form Batavia, Illinois, and the architecture is based on buildings at Oxford University. The building features a 1,000-pound copper bell with the school's motto engraved on it. It is currently used by the Humanities and Social Sciences departments, Human Resources, Accounting, and also houses the offices of the President, Provost, and Chief Financial Officer.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via