Blackhorse Road station

Coordinates: 51°35′13″N 0°02′29″W / 51.586944°N 0.041389°W / 51.586944; -0.041389

Blackhorse Road station is a London Overground and London Underground station on the junction of Blackhorse Road with Forest Road in the Walthamstow neighbourhood of the London Borough of Waltham Forest in London, England. The station below ground is on the Victoria Line of the London Underground and it is the penultimate station on the eastern end of that line. Above ground, the station is located approximately at the midpoint of the Gospel Oak to Barking Line of London Overground. The earliest station at Blackhorse Road was opened on 19 July 1894 by the Tottenham and Forest Gate Railway and the station was resited in 1968 and expanded by the addition of the underground platforms.

History

The station originally opened on 19 July 1894 by the Tottenham and Forest Gate Railway, and was situated east of Blackhorse Lane. The present tube station opened on 1 September 1968.

Services

The station is on the Victoria Line and the London Overground Gospel Oak to Barking Line, in Travelcard Zone 3 and is the least used station on the Victoria line with 6.179 million passengers per year. The station site is served by London bus route 123, 158, 230 and N73.

Media

2 photos