Bishopsworth
Bishopsworth is the name of both a council ward of the city of Bristol in the United Kingdom, and a suburb of the city which lies within that ward. As well as the suburb of Bishopsworth, the ward contains the areas of Bedminster Down, Highridge and Withywood.

Bishopsworth
Bishopsworth is a largely residential suburb in south Bristol, England, which was formerly a civil parish. The name may originally have been Bishport. In 1928 the parish of Bedminster Down was created from the north of Bishopsworth in response to the development of the area. The parishes of Hartcliffe and Withywood were separated off more recently. Bishopsworth has an estimated population of 11,444 people ( 2001 Census). Its municipal services are run by Bristol City Council whilst its local health services are managed by the Bristol South and West Primary Care Trust. Local facilities include shops and pubs, a public library and swimming pool.

Church
The first church in Bishopsworth was a small chapel dedicated to St Peter and St Paul built under an arrangement in 1194 between Robert Arthur, lord of the manor, and George de Dunster, prebend of Bedminster. The agreement provided for a chaplain to visit from Bedminster on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. This provision continued until dissolution in 1540. The chapel was converted into three cottages which stood until the Corporation demolished them in 1961 to make way for a swimming pool. people living in bishoph is 27,442 people. The present church, dedicated to St Peter, was built in 1841-43. The neo-Norman design was the work of Samuel Charles Fripp. It is a grade II* listed building.

Bishopsworth Manor
Bishopsworth Manor was built around 1720 and is grade II* listed. It was owned in the 1970s and 1980's by the late Denis Bristow who restored much of it to its present state.

Other listed buildings
The School House and attached school rooms in church road were built around 1840 in a Tudor Revival style and is grade II listed. Chestnut Court dates from the early 18th century in an early Georgian style.

Bedminster Down
Bedminster Down is an area of Bristol, England. Bedminster Down is a suburb of Bristol. Much of the area was built in the 1930s. It extends from Bedminster to Ashton, Bishopworth, Highridge and Uplands, and is a largely residential area. Much of the area is built over disused coal mines. The Parish Church, built in 1927, is dedicated to St Oswald.

Withywood
Withywood is a district of Bristol, England, situated on the southern border of the city, between Hartcliffe and Bishopsworth, just north of Dundry Hill. It is a large estate, begun in the 1950s. The road links to Withywood are adequate, although they should improve with the proposed South Bristol Ring Road Withywood has a number of primary schools: Fair Furlong, Four Acres, Gay Elms and St. Pius. There is a secondary comprehensive on Molesworth Drive. There is a relatively new secondary school, Merchants Academy, which opening in 2008, after the demolition of the former Withywood Community School. All of the schools have relatively large sports fields and grounds (Merchants Academy has 2 astro turfs, along with an onsite gym, also open for the public). Withywood also has its own 'University', a private home on the corner of Bishport Avenue and Queens Road where studying and lectures take place. They have also been a registered charity since 1996. Queen's Road has a number of shops and the Amelia Nutt Health Clinic. Four Acres road also has shops directly opposite Sherrin Way bus terminus (the end of the journey) next to 'The Rusham' retirement homes. It has a number of public houses: The Woods (Four Acres, now demolished), Queens Head, Rising Sun (both located on Queen's Road - Rising Sun now shut down) and the Elm Tree. A big regeneration program is taking place around the area, new apartments on Hengrove Way and further development of The Junction shopping complex, and a proposal of a swimming pool and leisure complex alongside Cineworld, all within walking distance of Withywood.