Bishop's Waltham PalaceEdit profile
Bishop's Waltham Palace is a moated Bishop's Palace ruin in Bishop's Waltham, Hampshire, England. It is a scheduled ancient monument.
It was built by Henry de Blois in 1135.
Later used by the Bishops of Winchester as they travelled, along with Farnham Castle and Wolvesey Castle.
The palace was visited by Henry V of England, and used by Mary Tudor just prior to her marriage to Philip II at Winchester Cathedral.
The palace was destroyed in 1644 after the English Civil War.
The palace is often used for local events like the events of Bishop's Waltham Festival that starts on the 8th July or Bishop's Waltham Carnival.