BGSU Ice ArenaEdit profile
The Bowling Green State University Ice Arena is a 5,000-seat hockey arena in Bowling Green, Ohio. It is home to the BGSU Falcons ice hockey team of the CCHA. It was built from 1965 to 1967 for a cost of $1.8 million and opened in February 1967. The arena originally had seating for 2,863 until 1989 when it was expanded to its current size of 5,000.
In addition to the main, 200x85, ice sheet, the arena also houses a 80’ X 40’ Studio Ice sheet for figure skating and learn-to-skate programs on the East side of the arena; and a 57' X 150' Curling Ice Sheet on the South end of the building.
- Bowling Green State University's NCAA Division I men's team competes in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). The team began in 1969 and played in the MCHA for the first two seasons before joining the CCHA as a charter member for the 1971-72 season.
- BGSU men's club team- ACHA Division II/GLIHA
- BGSU women's club team (independent)
- Bowling Green High School varsity and junior varsity teams
- BGSU intramural broomball, curling, and hockey
- Bowling Green Youth Hockey Association
- BGSU Synchronized Skating Team
- Bowling Green Figure Skating Club
- other individual skating programs and competitions
The BGSU Ice Arena used to house a Curling Ice Sheet. It is now a skating ring but is still used by the BGSU Curling Club, who compete in College Curling USA and the public Bowling Green Curling Club.