Beth Israel SynagogueEdit profile
Beth Israel Synagogue is an historic Jewish synagogue at 238 Columbia Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The synagogue was built in 1901 by Nathan Douglass. Congregation Anshai Sfard merged into it in 1957. In 1962 Beth Israel and Temple Ashkenaz merged to form Temple Beth Shalom of Cambridge and the new congregation chose to use the Temple Ashkenaz building on Tremont Street in Cambridge. The Beth Israel building, no longer used as a synagogue, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The former synagogue building currently houses condominium units.
"Congregation Beth Israel"