Berlin-Charlottenburg railway stationEdit profile
Berlin-Charlottenburg is a railway station situated in the Charlottenburg district of Berlin. The station is used by the S3, S5, S7 and S75 lines of the Berlin S-Bahn as well as regional trains operated by Deutsche Bahn.History
The station was opened as the western endpoint of the Stadtbahn line on February 7, 1882. The old station hall was damaged in World War II and repaired after the war. When the nearby Wilmersdorfer Straße was converted into a pedestrianised zone, the station hall was demolished and rebuilt, with the replacement opening on July 6, 1971.
During the Cold War deployment of British Forces in Berlin the station was the Berlin terminus for the British Military Train ("The Berliner") which carried allied military and diplomatic passengers across the GDR to Braunschweig in West Germany.
The station was the start point of the first BVG operated S-Bahn train on January 9, 1984.