Belknap Stone HouseEdit profile
The Belknap Stone House in Newburgh, New York, USA, was built by Abel Belknap in the 1750s. Located on Broadway (New York State Route 17K) near the city's western boundary, it is the second oldest structure in the city after Hasbrouck House, Washington's headquarters during the last years of the American Revolutionary War.
Belknap chaired the local Committee of Safety during the war, and when the Continental Army was encamped in the Newburgh area in 1782-83, the house served as James Clinton's headquarters in the area. Today it has been restored and houses some local law offices and other businesses. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.