Beall-Dawson HouseEdit profile
The The Beall-Dawson House is a historic home located at Rockville, Montgomery County, Maryland, United States. It is a 2 1⁄2-story Federal house, three bays wide by two deep, constructed of Flemish bond brick on the front facade and common bond elsewhere. Outbuildings on the property include an original brick dairy house and a mid-19th century one-room Gothic Revival frame doctor's office which was moved to the site for use as a museum. The house was constructed in 1815.
It serves as the headquarters of the Montgomery County Historical Society which maintains the house as an early 19th century period historic house museum. The house also include indoor slave quarters, and two rooms with changing exhibits of local history.
The Beall-Dawson House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
The property also includes the Stonestreet Museum of 19th Century Medicine, a one room doctor's office with medical and pharmaceutical tools, furniture, and books from the 19th and early 20th centuries.