Beacon Engine Company No. 1 FirehouseEdit profile
The former Lewis Tompkins Hose Company No. 1 Firehouse, sometimes known as 5/33, was the first built in what later became the city of Beacon, New York. Designed by Schuyler Tillman and Benjamin Hall in a Second Empire style, it was completed in 1893. It is located at 140 Main Street, a block away from NY 9D.
It has long been taken out of service, and has hosted some local not-for-profit agencies. Today it has been redeveloped into a cut glass shop. It is a contributing property to the Lower Main Street Historic District.