Batman railway station, MelbourneEdit profile
Batman is a railway station in Melbourne, Australia, located in the suburb of North Coburg, on the Upfield railway line. Batman is unstaffed and is in Metcard Zones 1&2 overlap.Facilities
Batman is located at the northern end of the Gaffney Street level crossing, which provides station access.
The station consists of an island platform, with a large weatherboard building at the Flinders Street end of the station. A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 1, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins. A disused signal bay is situated on platform 2 at the Flinders Street end of the station.
Tram route 19 is a short walk from the station, on Sydney Road.Platforms and services
- Upfield line - all stations services to Flinders Street
- Upfield line - all stations services to Upfield
- 530 Coburg – Campbellfield via Merlynston RS, Fawkner RS, Gowrie RS (every day). Operated by Broadmeadows Bus Service
- 534 Glenroy – Coburg via Merlynston RS, Batman RS (Monday to Saturday). Operated by Dyson's Bus Services
- 19 - North Coburg
- 19 - City, Flinders Street Station/Elizabeth Street
Batman station opened on 8 October 1889 as Bell Park, but was closed in 1903. It was reopened as Batman in 1914, named after founder of Melbourne John Batman.