Baileys Harbor Range Lights

The Baileys Harbor Range Lights are a pair of lighthouses arranged in a range light configuration, located near Baileys Harbor in Door County, Wisconsin.


The range lights replaced the Baileys Harbor Lighthouse in 1870 at a cost of $6,000. They are approximately 980 feet (300 m) apart and aligned on a 340° bearing line to guide boats safely into the harbor. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988 or 1989, as reference number 89001466 as the Baileys Harbor Range Light. Currently part of the Ridges wildlife sanctuary, which is listed on the List of National Natural Landmarks in Wisconsin. It is closed to the public, but may be viewed from Ridges Road.

The skeleton tower is listed in Volume VII of the United States Coast Guard light list.

The Bailey's Harbor Range Light is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Reference #89001466, as BAILEYS HARBOR RANGE LIGHT. It is also on the State List/Inventory as of 1988.

Door County has the most lighthouses of any Wisconsin county.

Getting there

Highway 57 just north of Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin, turn east onto Ridges Road. Proceed 0.3 mi (0.48 km)to the Bailey Harbor Range Lights. The Ridges Sanctuary, which charges a fee to use their hiking trails and boardwalk.

Specialized additional reading


2 photos

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated 9 media, updated a digital reference, uploaded a media file and added a digital reference
    fkqg baileysharborrange
    about 4 years ago via
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator