Avero House

The Avero House, also known as the Site of Minorcan Chapel or the St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine, is a historic home in St. Augustine, Florida, United States. It is located at 41 St. George Street. On June 13, 1972, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.

The St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine is dedicated to the first colony of Greek people who came to America in 1768. The Shrine includes the St. Photios Chapel which features Byzantine decorations, and a museum with exhibits about the life of early Greek settlers and the development of the Greek Orthodox Church in America.

References and external links
  • St. Johns County listings at National Register of Historic Places
  • Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
    • St. Johns County listings at Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
    • St. Photios Greek Shrine

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com